The City of El Mirage offers a comprehensive benefit package to eligible employees including:
Compressed Workweek/Alternate Work Options
The City provides paid time off to eligible employees on the holidays listed below.
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans’ Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Thanksgiving Recess
- Christmas Day
City offices are closed between 12/26 and 12/31. This closure is based on continued essential services such as Police, Fire, etc. Employees who work during the holiday closure receive a bank of paid leave hours.
- Vacation: 80 hours per year (or according to MOU), increases with length of service
- Sick Leave: 96 hours per year (or according to MOU)
- Executive Leave or Service Award Leave Personal Hours: Up to 40 hours per fiscal year (according to policy or MOU)
Health and Wellness
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Plan (Health Care or Dependent Care)
- Wellness program which focuses on early detection, lifestyle modification, and disease management
- Employee Assistance Program: Employees and household members are eligible for 6 free counseling sessions (per presenting issue).
- Employer Paid Basic Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Programs
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) is a mandatory condition of employment for all employees who meet the eligibility and membership criteria defined in statute. Public Safety Retirement System (PSPRS) for sworn Police and Fire employees.
- Deferred Compensation Plans
- Merit Pay Program (non-MOU employees)
- Step Pay Plan (MOU Fire and Police employee)
- Employee Recognition and Reward Program
- Career Development Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Trip Reduction Program (Police Department Only)
- Uniform Allowance (according to policy or MOU)
- Northwest Valley YMCA membership at reduced rates for El Mirage employees and their families
The City of El Mirage is a member of the Arizona Metropolitan Trust (AzMT), an employee benefits consortium. Additional information is available at: http://www.azmt.org/city-of-el-mirage/.
Benefits are subject to change.
Refer to the Personnel Policy Manual for current policy provisions and/or Memorandum of Understandings for Police and Fire.