Come Volunteer for the El Mirage Police Explorers Program!
Police Explorers are young persons with an interest in law enforcement and community service as a career. The Explorer program is an intensive, long-term process designed to assist youth in meeting the hiring requirements of local police departments. As the hiring standards for police employees are very high, our program seeks to select Explorers who can commit several years of study and participation in order to best achieve their career goals.
Overview of Explorer Selection Process
• Be between 14½ and 20½.
• Have completed the 8th grade.
• Bring proof of a C average or better in school.
• Be free of felony arrests, current drug or alcohol use, and criminal activity.
• Attend two general meetings a month.
• Submit required application forms and pass a background check.
• Complete a 2 week academy in the summer, monthly training, and six-month probation period.
Applicants and their parent/guardian are encouraged to attend a meeting to have their questions answered about the Explorer program. If however, more information is required prior to attending a meeting, the Explorer Advisor, Sergeant Chris Culp, can be reached at 623-500-3073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.