When non-recyclable items are placed in the bins and intermixed with recyclable items, the collection becomes contaminated. The process to separate these items is time-consuming and expensive. These costs continue to build as more and more non-recyclable items are placed in the recycle bins each week. We all must do our part to only put in the bins items that are recyclable.
So what can be recycled? Paper, cans, boxes, plastics and glass can all be recycled. You can even combine them all in your recycle bin thanks to the commingled recycling process that Parks and Sons use. If you keep out regular trash items like diapers, plastic bags, yard clippings, etc. it will be easier to process the collection. Recycle bins that contain regular trash are costly to dispose of due to the separation process needed for the items. More information about the do’s and don’ts of curbside recycling can be found here:
Please call 623-876-4250 with any questions about recycling and thank you for doing your part to help keep El Mirage looking great!
• Reduce the use of paper by sending information or documents via email rather than hard copy files or faxes
• One of the materials easiest to recycle is aluminum. Cans can be recycled and reused within 60 days!
• A plastic bag takes 400 years to biodegrade
• Recycling one 3 foot stack of newspaper saves one tree
• Five plastic PET bottles (e.g. beverage bottles) yield enough fiber for one extra-large T-shirt, one square foot of carpet, or enough fiber to fill one ski jacket
• Turn off the lights when you leave a room