Household Hazardous Waste Pick-up Event
The City of El Mirage will offer a hazardous waste pick-up service to residents who receive City provided solid waste services. This service provides an easy and convenient way for residents to dispose of items generated from their homes, which are unable to be disposed of in the regular trash or recycling container.
Appointment Scheduling - April 30 through May 18
Service Takes Place - May 21 through June 8
Click here to schedule your appointment (link will activate April 30 at 8:00 am)
If you have questions or need assistance with your hazardous waste pick-up, please feel free to contact the Public Works Department at 623-876-4250.
• Antifreeze, car batteries, motor oil, gasoline, diesel, and fuel additives
• Brake-transmission-power steering fluid, degreasers (20 gallons max)
• Pool chemicals, fire extinguishers and gas cylinders
• Compact fluorescent light bulbs
• Stain, varnish, turpentine, cleaners, adhesives
• Oil paint, paint thinners, solvents, cleaners, adhesives
• Pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers and other lawn chemicals
Guidelines for Household Hazardous Waste Program
- Hazardous waste should be placed at the top of your driveway no later than 6:00 am on your scheduled date. Items which are placed out after your scheduled appointment will not be collected.
- Place items neatly boxed in front of your garage or front door.
- Do not place items in the sidewalk or roadway.
The City of El Mirage would like to thank you for your assistance and participation during the Household Hazardous Waste Pick-up Program.