For the week of August 14th:
- Thunderbird Road - The sidewalk on the north side of Thunderbird Road is closed to pedestrians between 127th Avenue and El Frio Street. Please use the sidewalk on the south side and only cross at marked crosswalks. Temporary walkways have been constructed to maintain pedestrian access to the businesses in the construction zone.
- Intermittent closures of Thunderbird Road between 127th Avenue and El Frio Street may be encountered.
- Starting Thursday, August 17th, the traffic on El Mirage Road north of Thunderbird Road will be switched to the west side while demolition of the east side begins. Only traffic in the northbound direction will be allowed along this corridor. Detours are provided via Alto and Primrose Street and 1st Avenue. Driveway access will be maintained until August 28th.
- End Street will be closed between El Mirage Road and Alto Street from Thursday, August 17th until Wednesday, August 23rd to install the valley gutter.
- El Mirage Road South of Thunderbird Road - Traffic restrictions and lane closures may be encountered.
- El Mirage Road - Northern Avenue to Cinnabar Avenue - Maricopa County is working on El Mirage Road south of Peoria Avenue. Intermittent closures may be encountered. Driveways may be affected as the proposed water main is installed. Questions or concerns on this project can be directed to 480-299-8689.
- Work along both the north and south shoulders of Olive Avenue to continue through the end of October. Olive Avenue's southernmost lane will be closed until October 1st. Left turns will still be available.
- ADOT is finishing Thunderbird Road east of El Frio Street. Lane restrictions will be encountered. Questions or concerns on this project can be directed to 855-712-8530 or www.azdot.gov/tbird.
- Drivers are encouraged to use Greenway Road, Dysart Road, and Northern Avenue as the preferred route to avoid construction related delays.