For the week of October 10th - October 18th:
- The Grand Avenue Frontage Road has been reduced to one lane, allowing traffic only in the westbound direction between Thunderbird Road and Santa Fe Lane. This set up will remain through mid-December. Drivers that normally use the Frontage Road in the eastbound direction should follow the detour along Greenway Road, Dysart Road and Thunderbird Road. Concrete barriers have also been placed along the north side of Grand Avenue to facilitate the construction of a fence. This full project is anticipated to be complete in Summer 2019.
- The portion of the Frontage Road between Thunderbird Road and Verbena Street will be closed to all traffic from Tuesday, October 9th to Friday, October 12th for utility installation. Access to businesses in this area shall use the appropriate side streets.
- Butler Drive west of El Mirage Road and 125th Avenue between Alice Avenue and Butler Drive will be open only to local traffic to allow for roadway excavation and the installation of asphalt. Intermittent full closures and restrictions to driveways may be necessary on Wednesday, October 10th and Thursday, October 11th to allow the full paving operation to take place.
- The reconstruction of 'A' Street began on Monday, October 8th with concrete removal and replacement and utility lowering. 'A' Street between Thunderbird Road and Myer Lane will be open to local traffic only until the project is complete in mid-November. 'M' Lane will be closed to all traffic during this same time period. Shoulder work will take place on Myer Lane to install new ramps. Drivers will be detoured to Main street.
- Installation of a new 12" water main on the east side of Dysart Road will commence on Wednesday, October 10th when both northbound and southbound vehicles will be shifted to the west side of Dysart Road between Desert Cove Road and Varney Road. Varney Road will also be closed between Dysart Road and the Dysart High School parking lot. From October 13th through the 19th (including Saturday and Sunday), both northbound and southbound vehicles will be shifted to the west side of Dysart Road between Desert Cove Road and Laurel Lane. Varney Road will remain closed between Dysart Road and the Dysart High School parking lot. A detour will be in place to guide vehicles from Dysart Road to El Mirage Road to Varney Road. Access to the Dysart High School sports fields must be via Varney Road. The Dysart High School access road, south of Laurel Lane, will only allow vehicles to exit to northbound Dysart Road.
- The City of Surprise will continue utility adjustments on Waddell Road/Thunderbird Road, west of Dysart Road and on Dysart Road north of Greenway Road until Friday, October 19th. Lane restrictions are anticipated near the Dysart Road intersections with both Thunderbird Road and Greenway Road.
- Both temporary and permanent striping of various roadways will be taking place throughout the week. Lane closures are not anticipated during this operation but please drive slow and be aware of the contractors performing this work.
Jorge GastelumCommunity Development Director / City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2976
Bryce ChristoAssistant City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2974
10000 N El Mirage Road
El Mirage, AZ 85335
Phone: 623-876-2977Fax: 623-876-4605
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm