For the week of December 7th - December 13th:
- The Grand Avenue Frontage Road has been reduced to one lane, allowing traffic only in the westbound direction between Thunderbird Road and Santa Fe Lane. This set up will remain through mid-December. Drivers that normally use the Frontage Road in the eastbound direction should follow the detour along Greenway Road, Dysart Road and Thunderbird Road. Concrete barriers have also been placed along the north side of Grand Avenue to facilitate the construction of a fence. This full project is anticipated to be complete in Summer 2019.
- From Monday, December 3rd through Friday, December 14th, the Frontage Road between Coury's Plaza and Alto Street will be closed to allow for subgrade preparation and paving. Coury's Plaza will remain accessible from the north.
- From Monday, December 3rd through Monday, December 10th, Santa Fe Lane between the Frontage Road and the Rio Mirage Café will be closed to allow for subgrade preparation and paving. The Rio Mirage Café will remain accessible from El Mirage Road.
- The above dates are subject to change based on inclement weather that could affect the paving operation.
- The installation of a new 12" water main on the east side of Dysart Road will continue through the end of January. Both northbound and southbound vehicles have been shifted to the west side of Dysart Road between Peoria Avenue and Wolfley Drive. Left turns on to Peoria Avenue from Dysart Road will not be allowed until the morning of Tuesday, December 11th. Vehicles will be detoured to Olive Avenue and Cactus Road.
- Access from Dysart Road to both Sahuaro Drive and Desert Cove Road will be closed on December 6th, 7th and 10th. Drivers that wish to reach either street will have to access from 129th Avenue.
- Access to Peoria Avenue, east of Dysart Road, will be closed until the morning of Tuesday, December 11th. Vehicles will be detoured via Olive Avenue and Cactus Road.
- Starting Tuesday, December 11th, Dysart Road south of Peoria Avenue will be reduced to a total of one lane within the construction area. Flaggers will allow vehicles to traverse the traffic control one direction at a time. Expect delays through January 4th.
- The City will be installing crosswalk warning lights at the HAWK Crossing located at the intersection of Cactus Road and 127th Avenue on Saturday and Sunday, December 15th & 16th. Lane restrictions will be in place during both days. Please drive slow and be aware of the contractors performing this work.
- The Arizona Department of Transportation, in conjunction with the City, will be installing CCTV cameras at various intersections along El Mirage Road and Thunderbird Road from Monday, December 3rd to Friday, December 14th. Lane restrictions at the intersections may be encountered during this time.
Jorge GastelumCommunity Development Director / City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2976
Bryce ChristoAssistant City EngineerPhone: 623-876-2974
10000 N El Mirage Road
El Mirage, AZ 85335
Phone: 623-876-2977Fax: 623-876-4605
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm