Code Enforcement’s responsibility is to enforce established Zoning & City Codes for the purpose of cleaning and enhancing the appearance of our community which will maintain or raise property values, reduce crime, and instill pride in our community.
Residents can assist in the appearance of El Mirage by taking an active part in cleaning up neighborhoods as well as reporting blight-related problems that need attention. To report a violation, contact the Code Enforcement Section or send us an email. Code Enforcement can work with property owners to bring properties into code compliance and continue striving to achieve a clean and safe city to live in. Find out how you can contribute to your community - call us or send us an email.
Typical code violations that require Code Enforcement action
1. Graffiti – Every property owner should keep their property clear of graffiti and report graffiti in common areas to the Police Department.
2. Improper Parking – Vehicles must be parked in the area designated/designed for parking maintained in a dust-free condition.
3. Inoperable Vehicles – these vehicles cannot be parked on the street or be visible from the street.
4. Over-Height Vegetation – weeds and grasses should be trimmed to a height of no more than 6 inches.
5. Temporary Signage – garage sale and for sale signs are not allowed to be placed in city rights-of-way.
"Quality community development through quality customer service."